July 11, 2010 § Leave a comment
March 30, 2010 § 1 Comment
I love the consistency of pancakes that are a mix between traditional pancakes and crepes. These light fluffy and delicate lemon pancakes are airy and perfectly filling for breakfast. These pancakes are so light and airy, you will want to use a drizzle of honey on top (instead of maple syrup).
Ingredients (makes about 20 pancakes):
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/8 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of two medium sized lemons
Ingredients for the Ricotta Poppy Seed Topping:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
1. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients in a different bowl. When the wet ingredients are mixed together, combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Remember, the batter will be very airy and light.
3. Use just under 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. The pancakes cook quickly. When a few bubbles appear on the pancakes, turn them carefully. Keep the pancakes on the pan for another minute or two and then they should be ready to eat. Top the pancakes with Ricotta Poppy Seed Topping, fresh raspberries, and a drizzle of honey.