February 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
We have been having a very hot winter here in Los Angeles, so I decided it was time to cool down with a smoothie. But not the super sugary kind that gives you a sugar high and causes you to crash by 4pm. This smoothie is as good for you as it is good! With yogurt, basil, and honey it is a fabulous mid-day snack for relaxing on a weekend or even to serve with a sweet breakfast — AND you can’t beat the color! It is simply beautiful!
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I love to use Greek)
- 1 tablespoon of honey, dissolved in 3 tablespoons of warm water)
This smoothie could not be easier to make – so simple! Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into tall glass, garnish with basil leaf, and serve! Yum!
August 9, 2010 § Leave a comment
I love love love love love breakfast! I am always trying to think of easy one or two-step ways to jazz up a plain or normal breakfast into something great. Thanks to summer, and its fresh berries, making a delicious hot topping for french toast, pancakes, or waffles is easy. Take a look….
- Blueberries (or another fresh fruit)
1. Start with a normal breakfast item, like french toast, pancakes, or waffles.
2. Put about 1/2 cup (or a handful) of blueberries in a microwave safe dish. Add about 1 tbsp. of honey (more or less depending on how sweet you want your fruit topping) to the blueberries. Put the microwave safe dish into the microwave for about 1 minute (or until the berries are cooked).
3. Put the blueberry topping on your ordinary breakfast to transform it into an extraordinary breakfast! Enjoy!