Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
February 15, 2011 § 1 Comment
This Valentine’s Day, I decided to attempt lava cakes for the first time. Knowing the gooey goodness that resides inside the decadent chocolate cake, I have always been intimidated by this heavenly concoction. I decided to take on the challenge and make these little darlings for my little darling. To my astonishment and delight, this recipe was one of the easiest I have made and given that I think I put in too much chocolate than the recipe called for, it seems fool proof to boot. Highly recommended!!!!
This recipe was adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s blog.
- 4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
- ½ cups Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter and cover 4 custard cups with cocoa powder and place on cookie sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in two separate bowls until each is melted and then whisk together. (Make sure mixture is not too hot, otherwise you will cook the eggs when you mix them in).
- Whisk in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Divide between 4 oven safe ramekins.
- Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
- Dust with powdered sugar. (Note: to make heart shaped sugar design, simply cut out the shape you want on an index card, place on top, and dust on the powdered sugar.)