Quick Spiced Pecan Waffles with Peaches and Cinnamon Whip Cream
August 5, 2010 § Leave a comment
Who says making breakfast in the morning takes too much time? Sometimes we forget how quick making breakfast can be when you do a few time-saving adjustments. If you only have 15 or 20 minutes to make breakfast, try making waffles. Waffles take no time at all to make when you make them with Bisquick. Don’t believe me? Give this recipe a try.
- 3 ripe peaches
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cup Bisquick
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups milk
1. Plug your waffle iron in. Combine the Bisquick, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk to make sure all of the dry ingredients are combined and that there are no lumps.
2. Chop the 1/2 cup of pecans.
3. Mix the egg, milk, and oil into the dry ingredients. Make sure there are no lumps. Add in the chopped pecans and mix to combine. When the waffle iron is heated and the waffle mix is combined, spray the waffle iron with vegetable oil spray and put ALMOST 1/2 cup of the waffle batter into the waffle iron. Close the waffle iron and allow the waffle to cook.
4. While the waffle is cooking, cut up the peaches and put them into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp. of sugar to the peaches and stir to combine. This helps bring out the peaches’ juices.
5. With an immersion blender, add 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a cup or bowl. Add 3 tbsp. of powdered sugar to the cream, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and blend. When the whip cream is about half way done, taste the cream for sweetness. If you want a sweeter whip cream, and more powdered sugar 1 tbsp. at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
6. When the waffle is done cooking, top it with the fresh peaches and the cinnamon whip cream.