Spinach Artichoke Orzo Salad All Week
May 16, 2010 § Leave a comment
- 1/2 a bag of store-bought fresh spinach
- 32 oz. artichokes (jar or canned)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lite Italian dressing, plus more to taste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheery tomatoes, sliced in half or quartered
- 1 box orzo
- Pepper to taste
1. Combine artichokes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing in a Ziploc bag and marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to the directions on packaging. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Cut the tomatoes and chop the bell pepper. Put them into a large bowl. Stir in the cooled orzo pasta.
4. Chop the artichoke and spinach (try to keep all of the dressing in the bag). Add them to the pasta. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese from the marinated artichokes (inside the Ziploc bag) to the bowl. Toss everything together. Add pepper and more dressing to taste.