Veggie Loaf on Monday
May 10, 2010 § 1 Comment
As a kid I never could chime in about the horror of my mom making meat loaf (because she never did). I always see meatloaf available as a dinner or sandwich in great dinner type restaurants. As a vegetarian, I always felt a little left out. Who was going to make a meatless version of the meat loaf for us veggies? Well, I am happy to announce that I have. Oh, I guess I should add that my meat loving husband enjoyed it!
- 3 Tbsp. plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup grated cheddar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 carrots, finely grated
- sea salt and pepper
- 12 oz. package of Yves veggie ground round
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium-sized bowl, grate the carrots.
2. Add breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, cheese, scallions, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and veggie ground round to the bowl with the carrots. Gently stir to combine
3. Pour and form mixture into a 2 1/2 x 4 inch loaf pan. Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
This meal goes well with the roasted potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes side dish.