Blueberry Coconut Granola all week
April 8, 2010 § Leave a comment
I love making this granola and having it around to munch on. It is the perfect snack with yogurt, some soy milk, or even by itself. Mark is partial to this recipe.
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered raw almonds
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Melt butter and honey is a sauce pan over low heat (do not bring to a boil).
2. When butter and honey are melted, add the brown sugar to the sauce pan. Continue to heat the sugar mixture until smooth and all of the brown sugar granules have been dissolved.
3. When the sugar mixture is smooth, remove from heat and add the water and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
4. Combine oats, dried blueberries, almonds, and coconut into a large bowl. Stir until the dry ingredients are all mixed together.
5. Pour sugar mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
6. Pour the contents of the bowl onto a large rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Evenly spread out the granola.
7. Bake, stirring often, until the granola is a golden brown (about 25-30 minutes). Let cool completely. Granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.