Maple Pecan Granola All Week
February 26, 2010 § Leave a comment
Whenever I eat yogurt, I must have granola. I have been making granola for the last few months and my husband has been taken to snacking on granola in the evenings. Earlier this week I made maple pecan granola and it has been great to have around the apartment all week. Here is the basic recipe (try adding ingredients that pair well with maple for some great combinations).
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/8 cup maple syrup (splurge on the real stuff!)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 325°.
2. On the stove, melt the butter in a small sauce pan. When melted, add in the brown sugar and maple syrup. Stir the mixture until the brown sugar granules dissolve (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Put the oats and chopped pecans in a large bowl. Pour the warm liquids over the oats. Stir until the dry and wet ingredients are combined.
4. Spread out the oat mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet. When spread out on the baking sheet, sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the oat mixture.
5. Bake the granola for 25 minutes. Stir the granola every 5-8 minutes.
6. Let the granola cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.